SATURDAY Night Live alum Dana Carvey’s oldest son Dex has died of an accidental overdose, according to a statement from the actor.
The Hotel Transylvania voice actor and his wife Paula confirmed the tragic news on social media.
Comedian Dana Carvey’s son Dex has died at age 32Getty
Their son Dex died of an accidental drug overdose, as reported by TMZ.
In a social media post, Dana, 68, and Paula revealed their son’s cause of death along with kind words for their late son.
They wrote: “Last night we suffered a terrible tragedy. Our beloved son, Dex, died of an accidental drug overdose.
“He was 32 years old. Dex packed a lot into those 32 years. He was extremely talented at so many things – music, art, film making, comedy – and pursued all of them passionately.”
The statement continued: “It’s not an exaggeration to say that Dex loved life. And when you were with him, you loved life too. He made everything fun. But most of all, he loved his family; his friends and his girlfriend, Kaylee.
“Dex was a beautiful person. His handmade birthday cards are a treasure. We will miss him forever. To anyone struggling with addiction or who loves someone struggling with addiction, you are in our hearts and prayers.”
Law enforcement sources told TMZ that Dex died on Wednesday night.
First responders were called to a home in Los Angeles around 10pm local.
Dex’s girlfriend is reportedly the one who called 911.
He was locked in the bathroom, according to TMZ’s report, and was unresponsive on the scene.
Paramedics reportedly tried to revive him but were not successful.
An autopsy was performed though no details about his cause of death were released by officials.
His parents – Dana and Paula – have, however, confirmed that it was drug-related.
JUST LIKE DAD
According to TMZ, Dex was following in his father’s footsteps prior to his passing.